On 03/23/2018 04:11 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I am working with a  word user who tells me he can't read the odt file exported from lyx via elyxer. not readable, Microsoft cannot open, file is corrupt.

The doc export is empty with this on the terminal

 * Warning: unsupported new format version 544
Line 99: * Unknown command \date
Line 83: Title: Bünning remembering
Line 1000: Parsing
Line 1670: Converted /home/we/Publikationen-eigene-20170530/Buenningfest/buenning-we-50.pnm to buenning-we-50.png
Line 2000: Parsing
Line 3: * Warning: unsupported new format version 544
Line 99: * Unknown command \date
Line 83: Title: Bünning remembering
Line 1000: Parsing
Line 2000: Parsing

after taking out the figure (pnm) it still does not work

docx > file can not be converted

same with pandoc

My colleague claims, that he can't edit the pdf file with his reader. Which pdf reader allows windows users to edit a pdf file?

Wolfgang

I think the problem here is that elyxer is out of date. The current version of elyxer is 1.2.5-1, which dates back several years. The last commit to the Github site was in October of 2015. Meanwhile, the most recent upgrade of LyX has bumped the LyX file format to 544. That would explain the unsupported format message.

Perhaps the answer is to install latex2rtf and reconfigure LyX (if you don't already have latex2rtf installed), then use File > Export > Rich Text Format to get an RTF file (which Word should be able to open with no problem). Alternatively, you could try  File > Export > LyXHTML to generate the HTML version. I believe Word can open HTML files. Personally, I would go with RTF.

Paul