On 03/26/2018 04:56 PM, Marshall Feldman wrote:

> Sorry, Paul. I usually list version and OS first things, but this time
> it slipped my mind.
>
> I'm using LyX 2.3.0 on a iMac running Mac OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite).
>
> I followed Riki's suggestion and used the window in LyX itself. All I
> did was:
>
>  1. Open my document
>  2. Navigate to the figure float I want to use.
>  3. Insert a line above the caption
>  4. Follow Riki's instructions for turning on the Message Pane and
>     selecting both debug & graphics messages.

Can you try doing this and selecting JUST graphics messages? The general
debug messages make it hard to read the log (and all TextMetric and
focus messages are of that type). It would also help if you could do
exactly the same thing, but with the image in the place that it does
work. Then we can compare.

Riki