On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 09:00:34PM +0000, John Kane wrote:
> Ah, not a bug, a feature. I guess I will learn to live with it.
> Thanks very much. It's good to know I don't have a potentially serious
> problem in my configuration.

You do not have to live with it (instructions below), but think hard
before you remove it. Have you ever downloaded and compiled a .lyx file
from the internet from a place you are not sure you could trust? It
would be extremely easy to make a .lyx file that would upload/delete all
of your files (because in R this is easy to write). And for that to
happen, all you would have to do is open the LyX file and compile it.

That said, if clicking on "Always run for this document" is too much of
a pain, you can go to Tools > Preferences > Converters and uncheck the
option "Use needauth option".

Scott