On 2018-04-18 16:21, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

    I think sideways floats (figures, tables) are pretty common. That is
    why there is a package for it. The (pdf)lscape packages itself seem
    not to support floating at all. So both packages fail in providing
    either the one or the other.

I did not argue about that, but about the default behavior.

    Anyway, I just wanted to make the point that having a floating
    landscape page is common enough so that LyX users might want to have
    it, at least as an option.

This option is now available in the new Landscape module (via "Landscape (floating)").

Great, thanks!

Daniel