Le mardi 22 mai 2018 à 16:23 +1000, Charlie a écrit :
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 07:40:00 +0200
> Daniel CLEMENT <dcleme...@laposte.net> wrote:
>
> > Le mardi 22 mai 2018 à 11:43 +1000, Charlie a écrit :
> > >   Hello Everyone,
> > >
> > >   In my templates directory when opened with a file manager,
> > > my directories have always been and still are on top, and below
> > >   them the various individual files in that directory. That
> > > has always been in LyX as well.
> > >
> > > Suddenly, the opposite is true in LyX, my directories are at the
> > > bottom of the directory I open, and the individual files are at the
> > > top, so I have to scroll down to get to the directories.
> > >
> > > I imagine I have probably used a some obscure keyboard shortcut to
> > > have this happen, but I have trolled through these and am unable to
> > > find the one that does this. If that is actually the cause.
> > >
> > > Would appreciate any advice.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Charlie
> > >
> > I see you are using Linux. Under my distro, LyX does not use the
> > standard dialogs. There are 2 views.
> >
> > Could it be that you had enable the "detailed" view, and by chance
> > clicked on a column title, like, "sort by type"?
>

> Thanks Daniel,
>
> Can't find "sort by type".

I realize I was not very precise. I'm attaching a screenshot of my LyX
dialog; not sure it will work so let me describe as well.

The last 2 icons (before "Documents" and "Examples" are "list view" and
"detailed view" (I do my best to translate from French).

I suggest that you select the latter. Then you end up with an
explorer-like windows, where the columns have titles "name", "size",
"type" and so on. These are clickable. A small arrow (up or down) next
to one column shows how the files and folders are sorted.

Try clicking on the "name" or "type", once or twice. If I do that, I get
precisely what you describe, but then a 2nd click restores the
"directory first" sort order.

HTH - Daniel

--
Daniel CLEMENT