On 26/07/2018 09:19, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 26.07.2018, 08:53 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
Is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut dedicated to math mode so
that it only works in matn mode but does something else (or its
normal
function) when not in math mode?

You can use
command-alternatives math-function ; text-function

This will try the first function, and if it is disabled (as most math
functions are outside math), it will try the second.

The "normal function" needs to be reconstructed, e.g.
self-insert §

Thanks. So far I have been setting shortcuts through the Preferences dialog. I don't know how to follow your description exactly.

Maybe you can exemplify it? For example, I want to set "(" (or Shift+9) in math mode to the math delimiter "(" but want to keep the normal brackets in normal mode.

Daniel

HTH
Jürgen

Daniel