Am 09.08.2018 um 15:47 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
On 08/09/2018 03:09 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 08.08.2018 um 19:54 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
On 08/08/2018 08:46 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I use a bib file from which I select the references for my document. Since I use only parts of the references, I would like to get those by using the aux file which is produced if I export the latex file and run this (3 times, and onces biblatex). In JabRef, which is my reference manager, I can (under tools) select a subfile based on this aux file. Can I get the aux file somehow also without the latex procedure from lyx?

Wolfgang

If you View the document in LyX, the .aux file should be generated in the LyX temporary directory. While the document is still open in LyX, go to the temporary directory LyX is using and it should be there. On Linux, the temporary directory is typically under /tmp, and in any case "Tools > Preferences > Paths > Temporary directory" will get you to the starting point. It's just a matter of drilling down a couple of levels from there.

Paul

Thanks, Paul, that was very helpful and well explained. Its much easier to get the aux file from there as to run the latex stuff. Furthermore, running latex creates large .eps files (instead of the .jpg files) for the figures which I don't need and want.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang,

Viewing the document in LyX causes LyX to run LaTeX, so those .eps files are probably being generated anyway. It's just that they'll be in the temp directory, and automatically deleted when you exit LyX.

Paul

Yes, but if I run latex in my lyx directory, the eps files clutter it I have to delete them. So your advice is indeed helpful
Wolfgang