On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:10:33AM +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> I reinstalled LyX under Linux and want to get its spellchecking capability.

Hi Wolfgang,

How did you install LyX? Custom compile? If so, CMake or Autotools? If
you used a pre-compiled binary, was it from your distro's repo or from
e.g., a PPA? What Linux distribution do you use? What version of LyX did
you install?

Does spellchecking in any language work? What do you have in Tools >
Preferences > Paths > Hunspell dictionaries?

> Where do I keep the hunspell files (English, German) under linux? in .lyx?
> It wasn't clear to me from the User guide >

Do any of the following help or is this a freshly new issue?

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=201305180839.34334.engelmann%40uni-tuebingen.de
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=556583B3.7070709%40uni-tuebingen.de
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=55E7FE9C.7020308%40uni-tuebingen.de
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=5710A7BE.7070303%40uni-tuebingen.de