On 25/09/2018 18:16, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 9/25/18 10:21 AM, Daniel wrote:
Hi

When a document with a child document with different textclass is
typeset LyX warns about this. I am wondering why that is since as far
as I understood the child document does not incorporate any class
information into the master document. So, is this warning because I
could have used commands incompatible with the master document, like
chapter when the master is an article?

Yes.

But then LyX would warn me anyway, or?

What do you mean? When might it warn you otherwise?

For example, if I compile an article master with a child book that has a chapter, then LyX will throw an "undefined control sequence" error.

Also, I find LyX's extra warning about the textclass a bit misleading. There seems to be nothing special about having another textclass compared to, say, using other modules. LyX does not create an extra warning in the latter case but the problem might be basically the same.

Daniel