On 10/01/2018 06:41 PM, Chris Menzel wrote:
> Thanks, Riki, I've built LyX in the past but it's been years! (Have
> recently returned to Linux after many years on OS X/macOS.) Offer of
> help appreciated. 2.3.0-1 is currently fine, but will endeavor to
> build it myself as soon as it seems at all necessary or advantageous.

It really is very easy, and (honestly) it is of great help to us when
people use the stable development branch for regular work. It's meant to
be very stable, and normally is, but there are times we make mistakes.
These tend to become clear pretty quickly. And if one is building
oneself, it's always possible, if a 'mistake' arises, to step back to
some previous version.

Riki