On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:43:54AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 12/10/2018 à 09:41, Kornel Benko a écrit :
> > > It would be possible in theory with Advanced F&R, but a crucial feature is
> > > still missing: handling of regepx references (\1 etc.) in replace.
> >
> > Yes, and this is really hard.
> >
> > Also the lists are hard to differentiate at this level.
> > 'enumerate' and 'itemize' look same
> > as do 'description' and 'labeling'.
>
> We should introduce a paragraph-forall lfun like we have inset-forall, which
> would take a layout name as parameter.

+1

I wonder if it would also make sense to introduce a layout mechanism to
handle conversion of layouts. e.g., each layout could specify which
other layouts it could be converted to, and optionally how (if this
"how" is omitted, then the conversion is assumed to work without any
tweaks). We could then introduce a GUI interface accordingly (e.g.,
right clicking on an enumerate layout could allow for conversion to
itemize). A separate example is that we currently allow "LyX note" to be
converted to a "comment" or a "greyed out" inset. The user might also
want to convert to a "marginal note", and specifying that this
conversion is possible could be easily made (e.g., by an advanced user)
in a layout tag.

It would probably be a lot of work to do something like this, but I'm
just writing down some thoughts.

Scott