Le 19/10/2018 à 14:33, Rich Shepard a écrit :
   Turns out lyx was set to use enchant (never knew of this before) where I
used to use aspell or ispell. (Here, aspell, enchnat, ispell, and hunspell
are all installed and I've no idea how, or why, they differ.)

ispell is the one for oldtimers.
aspell is the more modern ispell.
hunspell is the more modern aspell
enchant is a wrapper that canbe configured at system level to use whatever spell checker you have on your system (not sure where).

 Anyway, I was
offered aspell as an option so I changed the spell checker to that. The
option, 'accept compound words' was checked yet apparently not available in
enchant. Because this non-acceptance was a chenge from the past lyx must
have changed the default spell checker in a recent upgrade and I hadn't
noticed. Probably because I didn't go looking for the reason.

It depends on what spell checkers have been compiled in when building LyX.

JMarc