Am Dienstag, 27. November 2018 16:23:51 CET schrieb Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the
best Daniel of the bunch) <daniel....@oeconomist.com>:

> On 11/26/18 11:23 PM, paolo m.  wrote:
> >
> > Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:
> >
> >> There is no practical problem for me here, and a practical problem
> >> could be addressed by chmod.  But the situation is puzzling.
> >
> > Files with access mode:  -rw ---- ----  cannot be synced with the dropbox
>
> Interesting to learn.  Although I don't use such a service, I think
> that the problem for those who do is sufficient that something should
> be done with LyX to address the issue.

I fear, we have to wait until the c++17 is available.
What we do now, is calling
        ofstream ofs(encoded_fname.c_str(), ios::out|ios::trunc);
        write(ofs);
We are unable to set own permissions. With c++17 it will be available to set
them.
See

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33552166/setting-file-permissions-when-opening-a-file-with-ofstream

        Kornel