On Thu, 29 Nov 2018, Kornel Benko wrote:

It looks different (sometimes grayish) with different fonts. You may have
overseen it.

Kornel,

  For all document classes that box is unchecked. I suppose that years ago I
prepared a beamer document that had that preference box checked and the
paragraph ending symbol just hung around in the new presentations.

  I've seen applications that offer a symbol for paragraph endings, but have
not understood their benefit. Paragraphs I write, in all text applications,
are either separated by a blank line or are indented. That's sufficient
visual cues for me. :-)

Best regards,

Rich