On 1/10/19 4:50 PM, Amir Michail wrote:
I find it really nice to use for that purpose. And there’s no need to install
TeX and/or export to LaTeX if all you are using it for is to take notes.

Anyone else think LyX is great for taking notes and should be marketed as such?

I do use it for note-taking, and I agree it's good at it, but I'm pretty sure there are other note-taking apps that are at least as useful (including some with direct links to cloud storage?). To me LyX is first and foremost a document authoring program. Note-taking is just an "off-label" use.