On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:45:34AM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 1/17/19 8:12 AM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 04:21:06PM +0000, Bernt Lie wrote:
> >> I???m still using LyX 2.3.1 on one PC. There appears to be a bug on Win 10
> >> 64bit, latest version. If I insert \oiint in a math expression, nothing is
> >> displayed.
> > https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8493
> >
> > It will be fixed in next major (2.4.x) release.
> > Not nice workaround but it should be at least visible if you have instant
> > preview on and leave the math inset.
>
> I take it there is no way to #ifdef this stuff?

It's not code, but changes in fonts and symbols file - nothing processed by
compiler.

> I suppose I could patch 2.3.x for Windows myself, right? Since I'm
> compiling with Qt5?

Just next burden on your shoulders, but in principle yes.
Cherrypick commits listed in #8493 it should work with Qt5 (I tested only in
Linux so you need to check stmary10.lyx in Windows).
The bug is there for a long time and we get rarely reports like this, so I
assume it's not big issue...

Pavel