On 2/6/19 9:18 PM, John Kane wrote:
> I have done a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 and am restoring some
> software customizations. I have a modified stdtoolbars.inc file for
> LyX that I wish to use.
>
> Relying on the LyX wiki and a shaky memory of the last time I did this
> I thought that I could just create  a ui sub-directory  in my
> ~/.zotero directory and  drop the stdtoolbars.inc file into it.
>
> Am I wrong or am I missing out some critical step in the process?
> Note the stdtoolbars.inc file should work as it is simply a back-up
> copy of the one I was using before the new OS installation.

The file should go into ~/.lyx/ui/, or (more generally) the ui/
subdirectory of whatever your LyX user directory is. Yet more generally,
any customization goes into the same subdirectory of your user directory
that the original file is in relative to the LyX system directory. So a
modified cua.bind would go into ~/.lyx/bind/.

Riki