On 2/26/19 10:40 AM, Yu Jin wrote:
hi,

I just switched from miktex to texlive and discovered the "texliveonfly" package, which automatically installs missed packages, just like miktex. I installed it right through the texlive manager, but there was a bug, for which the solution exists, but not included in that version for some reason (see https://github.com/maphy-psd/texliveonfly/issues/1). So i just downloaded the script from https://github.com/maphy-psd/texliveonfly and replaced it unter C:\texlive\2018\texmf-dist\scripts\texliveonfly (Just saying for those who want to try it out too and could run into the same problem).

Then i configured it for texworks following
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/50464/how-to-setup-texliveonfly-on-any-latex-editor?noredirect=1&lq=1

My question now is, is it possible to use with LyX? how could i configure it?

Thanks
I have not tried this, but I think the following should work (based on the Stack Exchange answer you linked). In LyX, go to Tools > Preferences... > File Handling > Converters. What follows would have to be repeated for each method you use to compile LaTeX documents. I'll use pdflatex as an example. In the Converter Definitions box, scroll until you find "LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF (pdflatex)" and select it. Using the Stack Exchange answer as guidance, modify the "Converter:" setting to use the texliveonfly command (retaining $$i, which represents the input file) and tweak the "Extra flag:" setting as needed to tell texliveonfly that you are using pdflatex. Then click "Modify" followed by "Apply", and test it.

Paul