Hi,

Our Department (of History in the U of Oulu, Finland) has, of course,
their own demands on the looks of things... Here are what are not quite
obvious (to me):

1. Page numbering:
        First page. This is the "front page". I get a page number here,
which is not good.
        Second page. Table of contents. This should be page 1. No number
should be shown though.

2. Table of Contents: "Introduction" and "Conclusion" should not be
numbered, but should show up in the TOC. Same goes for "Bibliography".

3. Bibliography: I need to have separate sections for stuff like
"sources", "research", "printed"/"electronic documents" and the like. So
there should be some headings for these.

4. References to the former: I see that lyx makes square brackets (which I
can't seem to procuce on this terminal) around references in text. The
Department wants me to refer in footnotes and not in the text, which make
these inappropriate (what? how do you spell that?). Same goes in the
References in the end:

Baggins 1605            Bilbo Baggins, Memoires. Rivendell 1605
 ^^^^^^^^^
(no brackets wanted)

5. This has been discussed here, but I forgot how to change the heading of
"References" (I get "Viitteet", need "Lähteet")

This may all be due to using the wrong document classes, of course. I've
tried Report (koma, too). Perhaps there is a class somewhere I could
install, called, ah, maybe, "Historical thesis class for Europeans,
especially preferred by Professor Manninen" - I could settle for something
less spesific, too :-)

Thanks in advance,

Juha Siltala