On 11-Apr-19 12:06 PM, Иван Горюнов wrote:

Hello!

I have a trouble using VCS.

When I try to register document in VCS I get the following message:

[cid:part1.BC09EC10.EECC986B@hotmail.com]

I tried solution in this article:
https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/VersionControlInstallationAndUsage

I have installed RCS, but it did not make any changes.

Then I tried to use git, like it is described:

"Using git

If you want to use git, then it is straight forward. Just install git and
create a repo in the folder of the LyX document. LyX will then will detect that
git repo and you will be able to check in and check out the document. You even
can use your cloud storage with git without having to check in the last change
in you work PC."

Also no changes, still the same error (git client works ok, but I wanted some
built-in solutinon for LyX).

I performed TeXLive installation described in this article:
https://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/TeXLive

Best regards,
Ivan Goryunov

Hello,

You are either making a small mistake or it does not work due to some bug in
RCS.  Git is totally independent from RCS and is a seperate VCS. If you are
using Git, you do not need to use RCS.

In fact, Git is more powerful and bug-free than RCS, so I would highly
recommend to use Git along with a GUI such as Sourcetree instead of RCS (you
can use built-in Git toolbar but that does not track files -e.g. figures- other
than the LyX file). AFAIK, RCS is not actively maintained/developed anymore, it
is outdated and has some bugs. I have spent too much time on RCS, and it did
not prove to be useful for my case at all. So in my opinion: dump RCS and
invest into Git.

Baris

--
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here: