I am sure I am doing something REALLY silly, but my Lyx (2.3.2, running under Linux Mint-XFCE) refuses to show integrals, pi, etc.  Instead, it shows some other symbols (O with an accent for integral, bold letter P for \pi, etc.).  Latex works fine-- if I use ERT in Lyx or Texworks without Lyx everything is correct, but not if I Insert an equation into Lyx.

Where did I screw up?

Thanks--

Ehud Kaplan

     Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
     Visiting professor
     Dept. of Philosophy & History of Science
     Charles University, Prague
     &
     the National Institute of Mental Health,
     Topolová 748, Klecany
     Czechia
     ---
     Jules and Doris Stein Research to Prevent Blindness Professor
     Director, Center of Excellence for Computational & System neuroscience,
     The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
     Director, The laboratory of Visual & Computational Neuroscience
     Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
     Icahn school of medicine at Mount Sinai
     One Gustave Levy Place
     New York, NY, 10029
     USA