On 6/29/19 7:43 AM, Steve Hnizdur wrote:
Hi

I need to use this code

\[\newdir{ >}{{}*!/-10pt/@{>}}\xymatrix{X\ar[r]\ar@{ >->}[d]  & Y\ar@{ >->}[d]\\Z \ar[r]  & W}\]

in order to move the tail of the vertical arrows away from the entries X and Y. This works in an ERT but when inputting in native LYX it strips out the important spaces in \newdir{ >} and @{ >->}. Is there any way to force LYX to accept these spaces.

Many thanks
I think the problem is that you named your new arrowhead " >" (meaning the name contains a space). Changing that to something else seems to fix the problem. Based on an example in the LyX xy-pic help file, I used a vertical bar (so the first argument to \newdir is "|>"). I've attached a working (for me at least) LyX file.

Paul