On 7/3/19 9:49 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> On 03.07.19 14:05, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

>>> Thanks, Rich and Axel, but I tried this already. A left mouse click in
>>> the vertical environment choice box  gives me a red point with 4
>>> blades, but the only action is moving the whole Lyx display.
>> At least here, there are two lines just above a vertical toolbar. If I
>> put my mouse cursor over those lines, it turns into the four pointy
>> thing. Then I can click and move it. Clicking on empty space in the
>> toolbar does not work.
>>
>> Riki
>
> I include a snapshot with the mouse cursor position above the 2 lines
> which you refer to, I guess. But I can't move the toolbar. I am using
> Lyx 2.3.3dev and QT4.8.7, by the way

Not sure why it won't work, then.

I take it you are on Linux? If so, then look at the folder
~/.config/LyX/. This is (at least here) where these kinds of settings
are stored. I have two files there: lyx.conf and lyx2.4.conf. The former
is the one for 'released' LyX. If you open that file (or can find
lyx.conf in some other location), then you will see a bunch of stuff like:

[views]
0\citation\autofind=true
0\citation\casesensitive=false

Find the line beginning 0\layout. Delete that line. That should restore
the defaults. Alternatively, have a look at the 0\standard lines. It is
possible that 'movability' has somehow been disabled.

Riki