On Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:40:53 +0200
Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Yes, memoir overrides geometry (which is used for the custom margins).
> However, we could account for that in LyX. See
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10970

I doubt if accounting for Memoir's idiosyncracies is practical. The
Memoir class allows fine tuning of numerous parameters that LyX doesn't
even know about. It's not just page format, its:
\setstocksize
\settrimmedsize
\settrims
\settypeblocksize
\setlrmargins
\setlength{\marginparwidth}
\pagestyle
\chapterstyle
and many other parameters I've never used.

If you're not prepared to read the 609 page Memoir manual (memman.pdf)
you really shouldn't try to use Memoir.

If you do read it, and understand it, you will view page layout in a
completely new way.

I have used memoir extensively for years, and I'm still learning how to
improve page layout. If you want good page layout that is nearly what
you need, use KOMA-script Book. If you want an exact page layout, use
Memoir, but be prepared to learn how to do it.

Les
--
Les Denham