I use TextMate (which has a command line tool in /usr/local/bin).

So I set it to /usr/local/bin/mate and that works very well.

I did not need to use the --wait option or something like $$i, as once
the file is saved I have to click the "End Edit" Button.

It also works with Alpha's /usr/local/bin/alphaed so if BBEdit has
something like that it should also work.

Great stuff, this...

el

[...]