Hi

I would be grateful for advice on how to enter labels automatically in all
headings (Chapter, Section etc).

I wanted to achieve this as I am starting up a new document with multiple
sections etc with the expectation that there will be multiple cross references.

I use the keyboard to start a new section or subsection. The obvious (!)
solution seemed to be to change the relevant key shortcuts. I tried out the
change in the mini buffer. Instead of

 layout Section (as used for Crtl-P-2)

I tried

command-sequence layout Section ; label-insert ;

This opened the dialogue and pressing return completed the process, accepting
the default label. However as I am happy with the defaults I tried to find a
further command to add to the sequence to close and apply the dialog. I have
found lots of options being used in similar cases but none does the job in this
sequence. The various commands about paragraphs etc do not impact on the dialog
and variations using inset-insert label seem to require explicit stating of the
label required.

This is my first serious venture into the world of LFUN and I assume I am
missing something straightforward. Ultimately I can live with the solution I
have got so far but it is frustrating not to find the necessary steps for a
fully automatic solution.

So I have three questions:

Is there a simple command to close and apply the dialog that opens with the
sequence I have?
If not, is there a different command sequence that will do the job?
Or, am I missing some other route or setting that would achieve the same ends?
I am using Lyx2.3.0 with memoir class  for this document and running on OSX
Mojave.

Many thanks

Paul Evans