Am 27.09.19 um 20:05 schrieb John White:

On Friday, September 27, 2019 7:23:18 AM PDT Kornel Benko wrote:

> Am Freitag, 27. September 2019, 15:54:44 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:

> > I had to reinstall a Debian and in it lyx2.3.3. I get with a document

> > which worked with biblatex before this >

> > The cite engine biblatex-natbib requires a package that is not

> > available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that

> > you have not installed. LaTeX output may not be possible.

> > Missing prerequisites:

> > biblatex.sty

> ..

> > What am I missing and how do I get it?

> > Wolfgang

> Check first that biblatex.sty is not available.

> $ kpsewhich biblatex.sty

> If not, try to install apt-file

> then:

> $ apt-file update

> $ apt-file find biblatex.sty

> --> texlive-bibtex-extra

> $ sudo apt-get install texlive-bibtex-extra

> In lyx you should now reconfigure.

> Kornel

No doubt you should follow Kornel's suggestion. However whenever something like this happens to me, I get on synaptic and install every texlive thing except full texlive.

John

Thanks, Kornel and John for your help, which I appreciated. John, does it make sense to remove texlive full if I have it already installed or does it affect also things I need for texlive to function fully under lyx?

Wolfgang