On 02.04.20 20:38, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 4/2/20 12:09 PM, Xaver Gerster wrote:
Dear LyX users,
I am lacking a "revtex4-2.layout" in my (latest) LyX ver. 2.3.4.2. Is
this really true?
Stemming from the APS, the revtex package is probably among some of
the most heavily used latex packages in natural science and physics.
The 4.2 version of revtex is out since more than a year. Yet my LyX
only shows a revtex4-1.layout. What am I missing? Can I get this from
somewhere else?

No one has needed it yet, I suppose. It shouldn't be too hard to create,
simply by starting with the 4.1 file and modifying it as necessary. If
you do this, please post the file, so we can include it in future releases.

Riki

From your DIY suggestion I understand that as of today revtex4.2 articles indeed cannot be edited using LyX. What a pity. Modifying any LyX *.layout file is beyond me. Thx. anyway.