I have a Lyx/Beamer presentation which compiles just fine.  However, when I return to it a day later, I get numerous errors "cannot determine the size of the graphics..".  It seems that the connections to the images that are not in the same directory as the Lyx presentation are lost, and I have to click on the image place-holder in the Lyx file, navigate to the correct place in the directory where the image files are stored, and click OK.  For the remainder of that editing session, everything works fine, but when I return a day or two later, I have to do it all over again.

      What am I doing wrong?  The images that are in the same directory where the Lyx file is are fine, but the others are elsewhere.  Since some of them I use often, I don't want to keep copies of them for every presentation I prepare.  How do I make the paths to the other directories remembered across editing sessions?

Thanks,

E. Kaplan