Hi:

I take a long time without using /LyX/, but my package manager has been updating lyx when new versions come out. Nowadays, I have installed version 2.3.5.2 (OS: Ubuntu 18.04).

Today I tried to edit a file, with lyxformat 544, but /LyX/ tells me a module is missing. Looking at the module dialogue I found that no module is available.

I've checked that the standard module files are in /usr/share/lyx/layouts, and besides them I have some other modules in ~/.lyx/layouts.

When I run /LyX/ from a terminal I can notice the following error:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa9 in position 395: invalid start byte support/Systemcall.cpp (276): Systemcall: 'python -tt "/usr/share/lyx/configure.py" --binary-dir="/usr/bin/"' finished with exit code 1

LyX: Done!

Finally, when executing *Reconfigure*, an error dialog appears with the following message:

The system reconfiguration has failed.

Default textclass is used but LyX may

not be able to work properly.

Please reconfigure again if needed.

I've run *Reconfigure* several times, but the modules still don't appear.Any leads on what's not going well?

Cheers

Ramom