Done. Changed encoding to UTF-8, saved the file, closed it, opened it up
again, set encoding to Language Default, save it, compiled it, the error
appears.

As Paul suggested, I will try to make a diff of the original file (it is in
my backups) and see if there is something weird hanging around.
Nevertheless, it is a headache just to think that this might happen in a
moment of need.

Regards,
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com