On 9/21/20 5:39 PM, jcredbe...@gmail.com wrote:
Paul, did you see the exclamation signs in the backup folder?
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com <mailto:jcredbe...@gmail.com>

Yes. I assume that this is either LyX or Dropbox naming the backup file with the full original path (substituting exclamation points for slashes). It seems to me I've seen other programs do something similar on Linux using underscores as substitutes for path dividers (slashes). I've never had either LyX or Dropbox do that to one of my files, but it's been a long time since I used LyX (or anything else) on Windows.