Am 29.09.20 um 10:39 schrieb Guenter Milde:
> I am working on Linux and use the "evince" document viewer to view the
> PDF on-screen. The viewer supports printing and the print dialogue offers
> the choice of several printers which includes the virtual printer "print
> to file". It also provides for the selection of the pages to print, so it is
> all just point and click for me.

Hallo Günter and Riki,

thank you for your helpful explanations.
I summarize the different solutions:

Problem:
Some time ago I've uploaded a 800 p. LyX-generated PDF-file as an
OpenAccess document to our uni-server. And now I'm writing
an new separate appendix to this document and in this appendix I want
references to many formula of my published 800 p. PDF-document.
So I tried the Master-Child feature but in the separate compiled child
the references are not available.

Solutions:
1. writing the new appendix in the original LyX-file with all the
correct references, compiling with pdflatex and copying the appendix in
a new PDF by the 'print on file feature' (means cropping the PDF) - on
Linux with "evince" or "okular". (Günter)
2. LyX-variant:
"It should work with "includeonly" if you have a Master document that
includes the existing documents source(s) + the new appendix.
After a first run which includes all sources (to get the references
right), you may exclude the main document and re-compile." (Günter)
3. LaTeX-variant:
"The LaTeX solution would be to use the xr package. See e.g. here
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14364/cross-referencing-between-different-files
for some info on how to do that. LyX does not have any mechanism for
this, though, so you'd be using ERT." (Riki)

Such a wonderful community :-)
bernhard

--
Homepage: https://www.mb-schiekel.de/