On Thursday, October 29, 2020 10:09:24 PM WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> Both source code and binaries for Windows and OSX can be found here:
>
>     http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>
> Binaries for various Linux distros may or may not be available from
> their associated repositories. (But, if you are on Linux, you should not
> have too much trouble compiling the source. If you need help, just ask.)

BTW if you are using Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS I created a
copr repository:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jamatos/lyx-devel/

There is just one package in that repository: lyx-devel. The package is
parallel installable with the stable version and it does not change, neither
uses any of the stable settings. That means that it is safe to use and
uninstall that it will not mess with the current stable 2.3.5.2.

Beware that if you save a document with lyx-devel the stable version will not
be able to read it (yet). On the other hand you can have a look of what is
coming next in LyX without risking any work and helping to stabilize the next
version.

> We will greatly appreciate any reports on how well these packages work!
> You can post comments either to lyx-users or to lyx-devel.
>
> Riki

This applies as well, all feedback is welcome either here or on the lyx-devel
mailing list.

Regards,
--
José Abílio