On Saturday, November 7, 2020 9:25:33 AM WET Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Joel,
> what I am after, described with two examples:
> 1. > Insert > Cross Reference
> this used to show - as far as I remember- in the old golden times -
> ctr r at the right. In my present LyX there is none (LyX Version 2.3.5.2
> (Thursday, June 25, 2020))
> 2. Suppose I am translating text from German into English. The German
> figure has in the short title as well as in the legend blue underlined
> text. To get rid of it after the translation, I do
> ctr a in the legend > which selects the text.
> A right mouse click > Language > English UK
> Now I have to do the same with the short title, since the change in
> language does not work for the short title, when I do it in the legend.
>
> I don't mind to do it for a few legends, but if you have hundred of
> them, it would be nice to get in the selection the short cut.
> I just wonder, whether I haven't found the right way of using it; as
> said already, I am quite sure I had this feature before.
>
> Wolfgang

I think that you are referring to something that it used to be in
"Edit->Text Style".

IIRC there was an option called "Apply previous change..." or something like
it. I always found it confusing because it did not work for me if I wanted to
apply it to logical/markup text styles like Code, Noun, ...

Interestingly enough the feature that you mention seems to be present in the
development version (2.4) in "Edit->Text Properties->Apply Last Settings". In
2,4 the logical/markup text styles are/will be in a different entry
"Entry->Custom Text Styles".

If my search-fu is correct this should be
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11427

I hope that this helps,
--
José Abílio