On 14-Nov-20 3:19 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 14.11.20 um 09:38 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
I haven't found a more detailed description for spellchecking in the help files of LyX.

In the User Guide 6.14 Spell Checking
It says:
With Linux one needs to install the packages for the desired language. The number of these packages vary depending on the Linux distribution, but in most cases these are aspell-xx, hunspell-xx, myspell-xx, etc., where xx is the language code.

In my LyX Version 2.3.5.2
(Thursday, June 25, 2020)
Library directory: /usr/share/lyx/
User directory: ~/.lyx/
Qt Version (run-time): 5.14.2
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.14.2
(and I am using Debian Bullseye)

there is only enchant as the spellchecker engine listed.
It is in ./.config/enchant
but there is no hunspell, e.g.
It is mentioned to get it from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lyxwininstaller/files/hunspell/
#### > Where do I place it (and other spellcheckers)
#### > And how do I get a personal spellchecker invoked?

Thanks for pointers
Wolfgang

I found this
https://www.lyx.org/AdditionalSoftware
and it states that enchant calls other spellcheckers.

So my remaining question is
how do I get a personal spellchecker

Wolfgang

You can tell LyX to record the words that will be recognized as correct by "Add to personal dictionary" . These are saved as text files in the personal folder with a name e.g. pwl_english.dict.

If you want to use a new dictionary with .dic and .aff files, rather than the default dictionary files, you should place those files to \resources\dicts\ folder of LyX.

--
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here: