                    onn.de>              Kopie:

                                         Thema:  Re: Prevent linebreaks and
pagenumbering in TOC
                    26.04.01

                    10:12

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    Andre Berger

* Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2001-04-25 22:31 +0200:
>> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2001-04-25
11:37 +0200:
>> > 1. The linebreaks within words at the TOC look ugly. How can I prevent
>> > these linebreaks in the TOC?
>> > I tried
>> >
>> >      \mbox{ bla bla .....bla}
>> >
>> > but then, there wasnīt any linebreak at all and the line in the TOC
left
>> > the right margin. The section line looks
>> > quite OK in the normal text, so I donīt want to do a linebreak in the
>> > section line, causing the TOC-line to behave the same.
>>
>> The "\samepage" LaTeX command works, to be found for example in Kopka
>> (1994: 1: ch. 3.5.5.5, p. 43 f.).
>>
>> I'm not at home and don't remember exactly how/where to use it. If
>> anybody is interested I'll look it up this evening.

>Oh, sorry, I made a mistake. The code I had in mind is to prevent
>*page*breaks within TOC items.

>\chapter{\samepage YOUR LONG LONG TITLE}

>To answer your actual question, do not put whole lines into the
>\mbox-Command. Put each offending/not-to-break word into its own \mbox.

>Andre Berger                                [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

That doesnīt work too. After I inserted the word in the \mbox{BLALBABLA}
there was
no linebreak at all and the word is leaving the right margin.

My second problem still persists, does anyone has an idea?

>>2. I tried Herbert Vossī trick to prevent pagenumbering showing up in the
>>TOC:
>>
>>     \tableofcontents
>>     \addtocontents{toc}{\protect\thispagestyle{empty}}
>>
>>The problem is, that Iīm using fancyheader, so I tried a
>>
>>     \addtocontents{toc} {\protect\fancyfoot{}}
>>
>>This works fine for the TOC, but in the normal text, the pagenumbering at
>>even pages disappeared.

>I personnaly use the fancyplain facility to change headers and footers
>for special pages (i.e. no printing of chaptermarks in the first page
>of a chapter. Yous shouls have look at the fancyhdr doc.

I did this before, but Iīm only able to avoid pagenumbering at the first
page of the TOC.
Though I did a

\fancyfoot[LE]{\thepage}

at the plain text after the TOC to reestablish the settings in the
LATEX-preface, there this is already entered. This works, but I think,
thatīs not the way it should be handeled. It doesnīt work for Klyx either.

Thanks in advance

Andi