in the (LaTeX) Beamer Manual.

The MWE is a TeX document, by the way, not a LyX document.

greetings, el

On 2020-12-13 13:52 , Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I live in the US, so all my computer's defaults are set to the US,
> including paper size. I have a customer in Europe for whom I need to
> make a presentation, using Beamer (alone, not with LyX), printable on
> A4 paper.

[...]

On 2020-12-13 14:42 , Steve Litt wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 14:54:37 +0300
Baris Erkus <bariser...@hotmail.com> wrote:

On 13-Dec-20 2:52 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

I live in the US, so all my computer's defaults are set to the US,
including paper size. I have a customer in Europe for whom I need to
make a presentation, using Beamer (alone, not with LyX), printable
on A4 paper.

I've tried various combinations and variants of the following :

\usepackage{geometry}
\special{papersize 29.7cm, 21cm}
\hsize 29.7cm
\vsize 21.0cm
\usepackage[a4paper, total={29.5cm, 20.8cm}]{geometry}
\geometry{letterpaper, landscape, total={11.5in, 8in}}

Some forced the latex program to abort with error, some caused only
a tiny rendering of the slide on a big A4 paper, some caused the
printing to be portrait, when I could print landscape it printed
upside down, what a mess.

Does anyone have a way to use Beamer (not LyX/Beamer) to create a
PDF that can print correctly on a European printer?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive

Could you please send a MWE, so that we can have a look at it?

That's a good idea, Baris, and I already sent the MWE files to you. In
case anyone else wants to take a crack at it, I'm attaching four MWE
files:

mwe.beamer is the MWE source

mwe.pdf is my attempt at A4. It's upside down, and the print is way
smaller than it's supposed to be.

kk is the shellscript that compiles mwe.beamer into mwe.pdf.

All 3 files go in a single directory, and assuming you have the same
texlive packages I have, it should compile to the same result mine did.

What I want is a PDF, printable on A4, that has the right sized print
and is right side up instead of upside down.