I am trying to use Lyx to document some math and electronics and I need to
place a block diagram into my document.  I can draw the diagram in a
separate program and insert the jpg into Lyx, but what I'd rather do is
draw it directly in Lyx and be able to place Greek characters in each box.
I used to use Latex years ago and have the fourth edition of Guide to Latex
which talks about the picture environment.  But I find no picture
environment in Lyx.  I read on the Internet about typing an M-x somewhere
to get to insert commands directly but can't get that to work.  I keep
wanting to work in the code preview pane to insert Latex code directly but
can't.  Is it possible at all in Lyx to to a block diagram?
thanks,
Joe