tda.cls attached

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:01:45 -0500
From: Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org>
To: parubi...@gmail.com, lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Importing tex file into Lyx

On 1/28/21 2:48 PM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 1/28/21 10:54 AM, Keith Sloan wrote:
My Uni has supplied me with a tex template that they want me to use.
I have tried opening a new Lyx document and then importing the tex
file but I get an error see attached.
An error occurred while running:
$$s/../MacOS/text2lyx -f "casestudy.tex"
"casestudy.lyx"

I am on Mac Catalina 10.15.7

I note the tex file has near the beginning

%Example of use of Time Domain Astrophysics latex class
\documentclass{tda}

And they are also supplying a file tda.cls

Not sure where to go to diagnose the problem.
Hope somebody can help advise

========== Art & Ceramics ===========
https://www.instagram.com/ksloan1952/

I think you are going to have to do the following:

  1. Install tda.cls in your LaTeX setup (park it in an appropriate
     location and make sure your LaTeX installation can find it).
  2. Create a LyX layout file for the tda class, and store that in your
     local LyX directory.
  3. Reconfigure LyX so it finds the new layout.

See chapter 5 of the LyX Customization manual for details.

If you're lucky, the tda template will be based upon some standard LaTeX
template (e.g., report or book), and you can get a working layout very
simply: Copy report.layout (say) to tda.layout, and put that into your
LyX user directory. Look at the tda.cls file (or post it here). You are
likely to find some material that shows what it is based upon.

Riki

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Message: 3