On 13/10/2021 22:37, Ken Kopelson wrote:
Hello all,
I am really hoping that one of you brilliant people can answer this question concerning page size for PDFs.

First, this is concerning the latest LyX (2.3.6.1), along with the latest MiKTeK (21.6/7) on Windows 10.  I use LyX on both MacOS, and on Windows.  It is the Windows version that fails to do the right thing.

When I set a page size using the MacOS LyX, (using the document->settings->Page Layout) to something like 9 inches height x 6 inches width, and then export the document to PDF, it produces a document that is the dimensions I requested, and all PDF viewers show it correctly.

Then, if I do the exact same thing in the Windows version, and export the document to PDF, it produces a document that is Letter Size (8.5" x 11"), regardless of the settings in the Page Layout.

This creates quite a problem, and makes it impossible to make an eBook PDF.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

Many thanks for your time in answering my question.
Ken Kopelson

Seems to work fine here on Windows (though I am using TeX Live). Mind sending a document that where it does not work for you?

Daniel