On 11/3/21 1:31 PM, David Pesetsky wrote:
I would like to be able to create a LyX document using one of the “latex-skeletons” at https://langsci-press.org/templatesAndTools <https://langsci-press.org/templatesAndTools> (specifically, at the moment, the “Latex-skeleton for monographs”)  — but can’t seem to find a how-to for adding, say, a Langsci Press book class to LyX, or anything else useful.

If there are relevant instructions somewhere, can you point me to them, or otherwise help?  I’m using LyX 2.3 on a Mac — thanks!

-David

--
David Pesetsky[pese...@mit.edu <mailto:pese...@mit.edu>]
Department of Linguistics and Philosophy

As a starting point, I would urge you to read section 5 of the customization manual (Help > Customization). You'll need to create a layout file for the new class (in this case, "langscibook.cls"). The recommended approach is usually to find a LaTeX class similar to the new one for which LyX has a layout file, then use that file as a guide when creating your own layout file. I'm inclined to describe the process as "not for the faint of heart", but it is doable (and has been done in the past).

Paul