Am 16.11.21 um 17:10 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
On 11/16/21 10:39 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 16.11.21 um 16:34 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
Le 16/11/2021 à 16:25, Wolfgang Engelmann a écrit :
But the pdf file shows still the figure with a large gap between the graphics, although I did not insert a horizontal space between them.
So I change the topic to
Why do two graphics next to each other in a float have a large gap between them?

Hi Wolfgang,

We would need to see the file (or another example if it is private) to answer this.

JMarc

Here it is.
Wolfgang

The coordinates specified for the two images appear to be wrong. Try the following. Click on each image, go to the "Coordinates and Clipping" tab, and click the "Get from File" button. See if the images are side by side when you recompile.

Paul

Thanks, Paul.
I should have thought of it! But I had also quite a number of colored figures with more than one in a float which were displayed correctly. Only the black and white graphs did not behave as they should. Must have to do with the scanning, I guess.
Yours,
Wolfgang