Rich Shepard via lyx-users said on Tue, 14 Dec 2021 13:23:05 -0800 (PST)

>Why it did not take when I changed the bibliography style I've no
>idea. But the reconfigure forced lyx to show me there were errors in
>the .bib file.

When troubleshooting, I always texhash;reconfigure; and then do
whatever. The extra 90 seconds is well worth it, because a misleading
diagnostic test can cost hours. By doing it this way, I never need to
tax my brain wondering whether a texhash and/or reconfigure is
necessary.

My troubleshooting is usually done from a looping shellscript.

SteveT

Steve Litt