Am 15.03.22 um 21:48 schrieb Paul A. Rubin via lyx-users:
On 3/15/22 15:29, Herbert Voss via lyx-users wrote:

Am 15.03.22 um 19:36 schrieb Paul A. Rubin via lyx-users:
On 3/15/22 13:07, markhsalmon wrote:
Thank you Paul, I really appreciate your response but this is such a common issue - at least for me- every lecture pack I produce has this problem perhaps every 5 slides so its really driving me round the bend. I just leave the environment behind by default and manually add the next number  but it looks cheap and nasty. Why can’t there be an option to restart previous numbering? I seem to remember that option exists in scientific word so it must be possible to implement this as a very simple click choice? I have been pointed to the ERT route before but this is really a cry to the developers of Lyx. Thanks again Paul.
Cheers,
Mark

Decision making is about predicting counterfactuals

My bad. I forgot that one of the devs (Jürgen?) already created a workaround in the form of a module. I've attached a different MWE. You just have to add the "Beamer Resumable Enumerate" module and then choose "Enumerate-Resume" rather than "Enumerate" from the environment selection list.

using package enumitem, defining an own list

\newlist{myEnum}{enumerate}{3}
\setlist{myEnum}{resume}

putting it into a LyX layout and you can use the new list myEnum which always
has a continuing counter.

Herbert
Is enumitem compatible with Beamer? The Beamer layout forbids the enumitem module.

Ah, yes. I forgot ot. But is no problem to define it without enumitem!

Herbert