On 3/31/22 12:15, tush via lyx-users wrote:
I just selected for my document the |IEEE Transactions| layout (IEEEtran.layout).
In this file one can find the following content:
Sides 1
SecNumDepth 3
TocDepth 3

I expected to see a change for the corresponding parameters in the Document Settings dialog, but nothing changes:

The table of contents depth and section depth keeps to be just the same as used by my settings for Document Defaults (chapters and onward is not included). I also don't see the removal of "twoside" option for the document class: It keeps to be
\documentclass[twoside]{article}

Should the statements of this kind (Sides, SecNumDepth, TocDepth) lock the corresponding buttons and menus in the document settings? If nothing changes or activates when I declare those styles, then what is the point of them? Or perhaps I am missing anything here?

If you selected "IEEE Transactions" from the document class list, the first line of your LaTeX output should be

\documentclass[english]{IEEEtran} (give or take the "english" option). How exactly did you select the IEEEtran layout?

Paul