On 2022-04-05 17:03, Kornel Benko via lyx-users wrote:
Am Tue, 5 Apr 2022 13:50:38 +0000
schrieb "Busch, Andreas via lyx-users" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>:

Hi,

it’s been a while since I have last used LyX (a couple of years), but for a
major
project I come back to this great app. I used it in the past, and want to say
how
grateful I am to everyone contributing to this great piece of software!

Having just finished writing an article in German on my Mac (running on the
most recent
version of macOS 12.3.1), I discovered several strange problems that concern
the quote
character (") - Shift 2 on a German keyboard:

a) While I can write it in LyX, I cannot search for it. I can put it into the
search
box, but the LyX editor will not find quote marks in the document. (I know that
under
Document" -> Settings I can choose various types of quote signs; I left it to
the
standard, which (in German) means typographic quote marks.

As for this problem, it is https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11462, right? I have just suggested a way to resolve it at the ticket. Maybe you want to chip in if you have further thoughts.

b) Only the opening quote marks are being exported when I export my LyX
document to
either Word (XML) or Markdown format. Yes, I know it sounds strange, but that
is how I
discovered the problem. Everything works well when exporting the document to
pdf (via
LaTeX), but not in the other export formats.

I couldn't find those two formats in the export dialog. Please remind me where I can find them. I succeeded in exporting with "HTML (MS Word)". There I see both quotes (beginning and end) but they are actually not Word's typical double quotes. So that is possibly another bug.

So something seems amiss. Since I searched through the mailing list archive, I
know
that this hasn’t been mentioned here before, which puzzles me even more. Could
any of
you please confirm that you don’t have the problem - and then help me narrow
down where
the problem on my machine is?

I’d be so grateful!

Thanks and best wishes,

Andreas

Andreas, thanks for the report. At least for upcoming lyx2.4 and with advanced
find
it will be no problem. Committing the fix now.

        Kornel

Just to be sure, this is a fix for (part of) a) but not b), right?

Daniel