To me it is as much  or little of an inconvenience as reading the manual ;-0-O

el

On 07/04/2022 10:12, Steve Litt via lyx-users wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes via lyx-users said on Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:01:16
+0200

Dear all,

Until now, the handling of the list was like: messages from
subscribers go through, other messages get discarded.

There is actually a way to filter e-mails marked as spam, and I have
already changed all our other lists to take advantage of this
information.

Today it is lyx-users' turn. The new behavior is:
* spams are automatically discarded; please notify the list if a
message of yours just disappears. It seems to work correctly on the
other lists that we have;
* members posts not qualified as spam go through as usual;
* remaining non-member posts are held for moderation.

The big advantage is that now non-subscribers will be able to post
messages (with a low amount of manual moderation from my side).

Comments welcome.

I'd suggest you put it back the way it was. I'm on 30+ FOSS mailing
lists, and can't police everything to see that it goes through. If some
AI algorithm somewhere decides I'm spam because of my email provider
or whatever, I'm just writing into the wind, wasting a lot of time.

And what's the supposed upside? So non-subscribers can post. Look at
any netiquette guide and they'll roundly catcall the clowns who begin
or end their message with "please CC me because I'm not on the list."

Let's not inconvenience valuable list members to accommodate those so
lazy they can't take 5 minutes to join the mailing list.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'