I found the reason for the nomenclature error decribed below the ########

I had several double entries in the nomenclature (i.e. the same Symbol and Description).
Removing them solved the problem.

It took some time to find out, and I wonder whether there could be a better error or warning handling.

The problem is, that with these errors one gets a pdf output, but the nomenclature is cluttered (no symbols shown any more -which are in bold in my case). It might be due to my way of having set the nomenclature.

Wolfgang