On 5/17/22 09:01, Giovanni via lyx-users wrote:
   venerdì 13 maggio 2022, 07:38, Joseph Hesse:

Hi,

I upgraded my OS from Fedora 35 to Fedora 36.  I had no problem with lyx
when I was using Fedora 35.  I installed lyx from my Fedora 36
repository which is lyx 2.3.6.1.
Not sure if this is helpful, but i can confirm that i have lyx running fine
under Fedora 36, upgraded from 35.

Maybe you can try:
- create new user and run lyx in a completely new environment
- change desktop environment (KDE/xfce/Gnome/...)
- try disabling/enabling wayland

HTH

G.
I got it working!!!

When I get the portal message the lyx window obscures another window.  It is the "Portal" that I wrote about before and it very similar to a file manager window.  I can use it, instead of the file manager, to choose the lyx files to open and it works fine. Thereafter, I can use "open recent files to get what I want.

This is all new to me.

Thank you everyone for reading this stuff.

Joe